Fumigation is a method used to take care of the pest infestation problem. When pest infests inside your house, it becomes a hindrance to your daily life. In case you come across pests inside your home, it is good to get rid of them immediately before they cause any harm or spread around your house. Fumigation of your house helps get rid of pests such as bed bugs, termites, cockroaches, and many other pests. Fumigation of your home is a way of pest control is a method where fumigants are sprayed in a house choking all the pests to death. Regular fumigation of your house will lead to a pest-free environment. After fumigation, you will need to clean your home to get rid of any chemicals before you get into the house. Cleaning a house after fumigation will also get rid of the dead pests lying around the house.
How do you clean your home after fumigation?
- Open all windows and doors to make sure the whole house is well aerated before you proceed with the cleaning.
- Search for and discard any edible around the house that were left open during fumigation. Keep any open containers or food away before you proceed with your cleaning. Throw any packets of chips, sugar, butter, etc. that were left open during fumigation for precaution.
- Start by vacuuming all the dead pests around the house before discarding the vacuum bag. Then proceed to empty all the cupboards and drawers for vacuuming. You can also proceed to vacuum the curtains, couches, chairs, and home fabrics. Move around all the furniture to vacuum around the house. Do not leave any furniture and corners unturned.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe surfaces around the house to get rid of any dust and fumigants. After using the cloth discard it immediately. Make a 50-50 solution of water and vinegar. With the solution repeat the wiping process not forgetting about the cabinets, doorknobs, drawers, and cupboards. After wiping down the surfaces discard the cloth immediately.
- Proceed to mop the floors using warm soapy water to get rid of the remaining fumigants. Do not forget about mopping the toilet and bathroom floors as well. Wipe the restroom surfaces before you finish your cleaning.
- Collect all your home linen that includes the sheets and curtains for laundry, wipe the washing machine and clean linen using it.
Also, remember to vacuum your mattress before replacing the beddings with clean once. You can consider purchasing new linens if the rest of yours are fumigated. Avoid staying in your home for at least two days to let the house aerate before you move back in properly.
Fumigation is a good way of having a clean and pest free house. Fumigation of the house may be dangerous to humans if not well handled; therefore, it is good to consider cleaning all the surfaces around the home before moving back. Above are some steps to follow while cleaning the house.